Soothing, Nurturing, and Softening for Body and Soul
The archetypal image is that of mother and child, for we all seek the soothing, maternal comfort that allows us to feel secure and deeply nourished. The Calendula flower was also known as Mary’s Gold because its golden blossoms bestow a mothering and calming touch, highly beneficial for all forms of irritation and inflammation. Calendula flowers have been used for various forms of skin restoration, with notable anti-inflammatory, vulnerary and disinfectant properties. Calendula Caress™ is ideal for the delicate skin of infants and children, and as a beneficent balm for birthing and nursing mothers. Calendula Caress™ instills a gentle mothering disposition of soul, showing us the path by which we can heal others with our own word and touch.
- For irritated, inflamed skin: especially slow-healing wounds or skin ulcers; apply in compresses
- For children or infants: soothing for delicate and hypersensitive skin
- To instill calm receptivity: use in bath or massage during times of tension and irritability
- Mothering harmonizer: for the breasts of nursing mothers and as a balm for the birthing belly
- Lymphatic drainage: apply compresses over any swollen or tight areas, or use in baths
Fresh golden blossoms of Calendula are hand-gathered and solar infused into organic olive oil. A herbal extract of Calendula along with the essential oils of Sandalwood, Vanilla, Chamomile, Marjoram and Lavender provide calming and soothing qualities. The flower essences Calendula, Mariposa Lily and Star Tulip provide mothering aspects that help the body-soul feel deeply receptive and gently embraced.